Deciding on names for kittens often isn’t easy. Personal preferences usually play a role when choosing kitten names. Choosing a kitten name needs a bit less practical thought than choosing a name for a dog or a puppy though, as you are hardly likely to be found yelling your kitten’s name in a public park!
However, the kitten naming task can still be challenging, so here are a few practical tips that can help you when choosing a kitten name:
- To make it easier to call your kitten’s name, choose a kitten name that is short with 1 or 2 syllables. And if it’s a long kitten name, think about what the short version will be.
- You want to make sure you can easily pronounce the kitten name. It should just roll off your tongue.
- Learn about your kitten’s personality and find a suitable name. The characteristics of kittens can vary a lot from breed to breed but also from animal to animal.
- Your kitten’s breed can also give you some inspiration for a cat name or kitten name.
- Pick a name that will grow with your kitten. For example, “Kitten” may be less appropriate for a full-grown cat.
Name ideas for your Exotic Shorthair or Persian kitten
About Mon Chéri Cattery
We are a Central Florida breeder that has been breeding pet & show-quality Exotic Shorthair kittens and Persians kittens for the last 20 years. Our gorgeous male and female Exotic Shorthair and Persians (or Exotic Longhair) kittens for sale are available in chocolate, lilac, colorpoint, solid, bicolor, calico, tabby, red, and the rare and beautiful tortoiseshell (tortie). Email us to reserve a kitten! See our adorable kittens for sale.